Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Canoes and a Wedding Reception - Lake Titiwangsa Part 3


There's an area in Lake Titiwangsa where canoes parade in fluorescent colors. They provide another option on your lake visit. I saw several people rowing and paddling around the fountains. Nearby, there's an activity hall where a wedding reception is being held. Beige tents decked with white flowing curtains, table and chairs wrapped in white sheets and cordoned by gold and yellow ribbons, bouquets of roses - what a quaint scene! The serving ladies - or were they guests - were dressed in a floral uniform and yellow abayas.

Don't you just love watching people move around? It looked like the usual wedding reception. And it was a pleasant way to lurk around observing Malay customs. A fitting way to end my lake visit.

This is the Eye in the Sky!

























Tying a yellow ribbon...





You lookin' at me? You lookin' at me? You lookin' at me?















No comments: