Thursday, September 11, 2014

Buddhist Monks in Sydney (Australia)


Mismatched photographic elements? They have a term for this. I was nonetheless pleased. 

Meanwhile, I have squandered a bit (splurged, maybe?) for my Sydney travel cards. Since I couldn't decide which ones to take, considering each of their limitations, I got both. Convenient, but not in anyway wise because one of them is actually wasted. So do not follow this line of thinking if budget is tight. I have a MyBus travel card, worth A$26, that allows me to take the city bus and an unlimited MyTrain travel card (including ferry rides) worth A$21. Now here's the clinch: I chose to walk - a decidedly long walk - towards the city harbour overlooking the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House. Believe me, my feet were throbbing later! But it was something I'd never change for any comfortable ride.

The photo above was taken from the immense, and truly majestic, Royal Botanical Garden of Sydney, located just beside the Sydney Opera House grounds. There were uniformed Japanese navy lads (you'd think you got transported to a make-believe Japanese town) , school children, fitness buffs and Buddhist monks!

And they weren't camera-shy either.

This is the Eye in the Sky!


No comments: