Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Kettle @ SM Aura: Drool-Worthy!


Once a year every December, I would meet up with a dear friend and we'd have dinner in a special place. Last year, it was at Cafe 1228 of Makati's New World Hotel. The year before, it was Ramen Nagi. But we'd pick the place based on an atmosphere that's welcoming, convenient and significantly memorable. We were there to chat and have fun, with good food on the side.

This photo only courtesy of their FB page.
She ordered salad that was tasty, "crunchy"(the best arugulas do that), fresh and delectable, I took several bites. Kettle House Salad. I am not a salad eater but yeah, I could enjoy that served in front of me. Dang, I could still taste the toffee walnut and the manchego cheese (Don Quixote's own brand of cheese) just thinking about it. When my order came, I realized this was a special place for the "regular" gourmand (is there such thing?)

Served before me was "Buttermilk Fried Chicken": two big pieces of chicken that has been marinated 24 hours and spiced with paprika. Cooked southern style, you can taste a dash of sweetness in it, that's Cajun honey on gravy. It has this singular gustatory sensation: crunchy, tangy, flavorful, tender meat served in two big pieces. I thought I was in heaven's little kitchen. My friend then ordered her cake that we devoured mercilessly: just the right kind of sweetness for me. And if I were to use this adjective again, it's simply because it's the most appropriate - "delicious".

Lucy Torres-Gomez tweeted about this restaurant. Jessica Soho featured it. Food guru Erwan Heussaff wrote about it. Their Buttermilk Fried Chicken, their most popular dish aside from the "crunchy pork belly with fried potato strips", has been shortlisted as "one of the 6 fried chicken to try in Manila" by ABS-CBN's online reviews. Little did I realize that their SM Aura branch just opened last December, the same month I visited the place with my friend.

If it's good food you're after, come visit.

This is the Eye in the Sky!
  
That's manchego cheese, the Spanish cheese from La Mancha, with bits of toffee nuts and bacon.


SM Aura's Kettle is located at the Sky Park, Level 5, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig. For more information call them at (63-2) 887-3564. No reservations needed, but the place fills up fast especially on weekends, after 6 PM.

5 comments:

Ola said...

the cake is impressive!

Ramakrishnan said...

Wholesome, awesome & delicious. !

eye in the sky said...

@ Ola: And it is delicious too. :)

eye in the sky said...

Correct on three counts, Ram. :)

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello greetings.

Fantastic photos of delicious food along with interesting information.

Butter milk fried chicken is something new to me. I have not seen this fried chicken so far.

Best wishes